Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dinosaurs


At the library yesterday, I got Bobs this book and a few others. I thought it would be fun for Daddy to read to Bobs about Dinosaurs. He has enjoyed many other books similar to this one, but about trucks or trains. 

Daddy sits down with Bobs and I sit next to them with Mads. Daddy reads "this is a Tyranosaurus Rex... hmm... and the rest your Mommy is going to have to read"

I thought Daddy had just given up too easily, but I looked over and I laughed. How on earth is anyone supposed to read these dino books to their kids when they can't even pronounce the names themselves?

Centrosaurus
SEN-troh-SORE-us
Ceratosaurus
seh-rat-oh-SORE-us
Cetiosaurus
see-tee-oh-SORE-us
Chasmosaurus
kaz-moh-SORE-us
Coelophysis
SEEL-oh-FIE-sis
Compsognathus
komp-soh-NAY-thus
Corythosaurus
koh-rith-oh-SORE-us
Criorhynchus
cry-oh-RINK-us
Cryptoclidus
cript-oh-CLIE-dus
Daspletosaurus
das-PLEE-toh-SORE-us
Deinocheirus
DINE-oh-KEE-rus
Deinonychus
die-NON-i-kus
Dimorphodon
die-MORF-oh-don
Diplodocus
di-PLOH-de-kus
Dromaeosaurus
DROH-may-oh-SORE-us
Dromiceiomimus
droh-MEE-see-oh-MEEM-us

No comments:

Post a Comment