Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Dinner


We had duck last night with my family and our friend Shawn. Unfortunately I undercooked it. I also had the timing of the potatoes totally off. Fortunately my parents stepped in as they have prepared this dinner many times. They have learned that if everyone chips in with the prep work, it comes together.

Mads prefers to eat by himself now, using his own hands. He is willing to eat nearly anything. Bobs is still a picky eater and had apple sauce and a peanut butter toast for Christmas dinner last night.

Ducks are rather small... so we have no meat left. We have lots of side dishes left though, so this morning I planned on popping into Safeway to pick up a roast chicken. They didn't make any. Who needs roast chicken when they should have plenty of leftover turkey from Christmas? I did find a cold one made on the 24th that is good until the 27th so we will have Daddy's favourite for lunch. Hot Messy Chicken Sandwiches.

On the 24th we also went to Christmas mass. We were 20 minutes early but this wasn't early enough. They turned us away! The church was beyond full. It was sad. Next year they plan on having more masses. This morning when we went, it was not even half full(half empty).

No comments:

Post a Comment