Friday, March 11, 2011

Pottying


We have been learning to not wear diapers, and how to use the potty, for real, for three days now. Bobs has been on the potty various times in the past year ( and longer), but never in a serious manner. He is familiar but he has told me many times he would rather wear a diaper. I have to admit that potty training for me, is much harder than breastfeeding or any other generally challenging part of parenting young ones. Daddy and I are not really that big on poops and pees showing up around our house. After holding off accepting pottying advice from friends, I am now open ears. 

Mads feels left out. He disturbs Bobs when he is trying to do his thing, so we have created another barrier for Mads so he can only watch and not splish splash splosh in the washroom with his older brother. 


Mads will be a year old in just over a month. I think I want to have a bigger party for him, than I have had for Bobs so far. We don't see our friends as often as we would like, so Mads' birthday party will be a good way to get everyone together.

Bobs has been letting go of some of his afternoon naps. Mads, on the other hand, has more of sleeping routine. He is finally sleeping from 7pm to 6am straight. And then enjoys a morning nap when we aren't out and about, and sometimes a nice afternoon nap if we are home for it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about potty training- worst parenting experience so far! Emily has been out of diapers for about 3 weeks now but still has accidents. Mads is sleeping 7pm-6am??? Wow, how did you manage that? I need some advice for Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying it out method. After 3 days, the babies usually get out of the routine of waking up so often. So far no progress on the potty training. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete