Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ski School


Today was the boys first lesson at Canada Olympic Park. Mads was very apprehensive to try it.


We had to listen to a lot of crying and whining.


We hid away from the kids and watched them learn to put their skis on.

 The lesson is an hour and a half long. I was very surprised at how fast they progressed in that time.

I showed them some youtube videos this morning so they knew what to expect. Turns out the videos did exactly what the kids did today. Ski on one foot, making a pizza, and trying out the magic carpet lift.


Here they are going up the magic carpet ride.


Here they are doing their pizza's down the very gentle hill.


Mads wasn't comfortable until about the 4th time down.


Mads lost a ski on his way up, and nobody including himself seemed to notice.


They get to do this all over again tomorrow. I hope it goes a bit more smoothly on the complaining side of things.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment