Monday, February 16, 2015

Family Day Weekend at Gull Lake


We noticed that E-man's pyjamas were similar to Bobs's sheets at the cabin. E-man pointed out correctly that he was wearing Moose and not deer.


I tried snowboarding at Medicine Lodge ski hill. Uncle Trevor let me use his gear. I had an ok time getting down to the beginners lift, but it took two tries to make up halfway up the hill. Once I got there, I couldn't even stand up on the board. I had no idea what I was doing. Oh well. I tried it.


Sarah and Seffy skied around a bit and Seffy made happy noises as they descended.


Mads went up once, and refused to ski the rest of the day. E-man wasn't very cooperative either, unfortunately. This was a bit of a surprise because they did so well at Winsport in November. As 4 year olds, they are both stubborn.


Cute little lodge eh? Sarah is on the rope pull here. It costs $10 to use just the rope pull, and a lot more to use the t-bar to get up further. We were fine with the kids using the rope pull.


JJ and KC arrived a bit later and were using the t-bar courses, so Bobs wanted to join them as he was having quite a lot of fun, to our glee. Daddy upgraded his pass and KK taught Bobs how to use the t-bar. Daddy went on another t-bar with JJ, and they wiped out.


Bobs and KK. Bobs likes to go straight down instead of doing his turns.


The weather was amazing. +10 and sun.


The next day, we went swimming at the Sylvan Lake pool which was also a lot of fun. There is a lot more snow at the cabin than in Calgary. We had a lot of shovelling to do when we got there.


KK got them all to build a snow fort.


Lots of snowmobiles were racing on the lake.


It was funny to see KK get annoyed at them all, and the smell of fuel from one going by. She said "Why can't they just move their bodies instead of sitting on their butts in a motorized vehicle?" as she cross country skied down the road with KC.



We copied the snow colouring idea from Snow Day and made the fort look beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment