Monday, April 19, 2010

Mads and Bobs

Welcome to the new family blog, Mads and Bobs.

Mads is our son Mattias, born in April of 2010. Mattias is Swedish for Matthew, a name I have always loved. If I were to chose the Danish version of Matthew, it would be Mads. Jamie and I think that Mads is a good nickname. Mats is also a shorter version of Mattias, Mathias, etc...

Bobs is our son Erik, born in June of 2008. We started calling him Bobers/Babers/Bababers/Bobobers and Bobs a few months after birth. It is sort of hard to explain why. I think it goes back to when I was complaining about the rhubarb in our backyard of our new house. I don't like to cook with rhubarb and it seemed like such a burden to have it in the yard. Rhubarb in Danish sounds like Rababa. Funny words in both languages. I think I started calling Erik Rababa because it sounded funny and then it evolved to Bababers and so forth. It probably still doesn't make sense, but that is how Bobs came to be.

Blogging about our family started in November of 2008 with the World of E but since Mads has joined the family, I wanted to make a blog about the both of them for family and friends near and far.

Enjoy our family and thanks for visiting!

1 comment: