
This morning we went to the park and met some other kids. Some of them were curious and wanted to see Mads. Bobs got a bit possessive and made sure to sit right next to Mads and let the other kids know that he was his brother.
Bobs has been holding Mads' hand and pointing at his different features like his eyes and nose and mouth and head. When he pats Mads' head, he also has to come around and pat Mommy and Daddy's head.
We went to the Dr. today and Mads is now 7 lbs and 1 oz. He is past his birth weight on day 6. Yay!
I have been carrying Mads' in this sling from a friend who didn't like using it. Don't worry, it's not the recalled Infantino sling that some may have heard about in the media. It seems to fit alright. People are able to spot that there is a very tiny baby in there when I bring him outside. He sure gets a lot of attention. Jamie told me that after Mads was born, they had to bring him up from the main floor OR to the 6th floor Maternity Unit to get measured etc. I was in my own recovery area so it was just Jamie, Mads and a nurse in an elevator. Someone else from the public got on and they said "Oh, how old is the baby? A few hours?" and the nurse said " As a matter of fact, he is 8 minutes old" So Mads was already meeting new people at 8 minutes old.
I think Jamie is pretty tired being a full time buddy to Bobs. Our routine so far has been that I cluster feed Mads until 8:00pm and then I hand him over to daddy. Bobs goes to bed at 7:45. I got to sleep from 8:00 until 10:30 and then come back downstairs and feed Mads again while Daddy goes to bed. Usually I can't get Mads to sleep until 12:30am after a few diaper changes and burps. He gets loose from the swaddling I do. He loves to have his arms free but it prevents him from sleeping soundly as he can scare himself. I sleep from 12:30 until 3:30 and then we are up again until around 4:30. Then we sleep again from 4:30 until 7:15ish... by then, Bobs is up with Daddy and they are making noise upstairs.
So if you count all that, I am sleeping about 8 or 9 hours in different pieces. Not bad!



Signe, you look great and Mads is so cute. I hope all is going well with the breastfeeding and such. Sounds like you are getting some rest. Be sure to take it easy, though. You don't have to leave the house everyday!
ReplyDeleteThat is more sleep than I was getting. Ike will still do 2.5 hours some nights between feeds! so thats only 2 hrs of sleep or less.
ReplyDeleteMissy does the same thing at daycare or out in public around other kids, be protective of her brother. She doesn't care if adults are all over Ike, only kids!
I remember those days, where I would go to bed at 8 and just do everything all over again. Those days are so long gone and I am so happy!! We are certainly into a routine here at 10 weeks out. I am loving it, and you will soon too!!!