Thursday, August 25, 2011

BBQ and Jack Layton Memorial



Daddy was in Edmonton for a training course so we spent an evening at Jansen and Casey's for a BBQ.


They recently put new sod in and flattened out part of the yard.


The big boys were enjoying the sprinkler. I think it was one of the hottest days of this year.


Elliott and his mom were there too.


It was a tough week to learn about Jack Layton's passing. I really needed to be with other mourners and it is tough being in the city we are in, when other cities are so much more appreciative and united behind Jack. Although the memorial was later in the evening, I took the boys with me because Daddy was out of town and so were Mormor and Morfar.


I haven't been involved in the NDP in awhile so I didn't know too many people, but it was still good to be there. Daddy went to the Edmonton memorial where there were thousands. We had about 300 here.


Mads and Bobs didn't want to sit in the stroller for long, so I pulled back behind the crowd and let them run around in the dirty downtown park. I used to have an apartment near here.


Eventually they got tired (in their pyjamas) so we went home to bed a bit before it ended.



Goodbye Jack, we will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment