Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Monsters University
Bobs is at Mini University this week in the mornings. It is called Kinder Kamp and his best friend JJ is in the same class.
We met Morfar (who still works at the University ) for lunch with Mormor. We sat on the patio with all the other students.
Things keep changing and upgrading on campus. I hardly recognize it.
This is the new digital library. I couldn't see the old McKimmie Library tower from the poind, so to me, it looked like it had been torn down and replaced. A friend of mine who started taking another degree said he had no idea how to use the digital library when he first had to do a research paper. He wanted to know where all the books went. I don't blame him.
Mormor then took the train with Bobs to Dalhousie while I went back with Mads in the stroller to the far away parking lot.
Campus looked like this photo when I was there. That is my old Social Sciences tower in the background. The rock is painted often by different student clubs. I made sure it was painted orange a few times in my day. The silly art piece that the students mockingly call the Prairie Chicken is also still there. I think it is actually supposed to be a book with pages blowing in the wind. Hope my mom doesn't take offense. She seems to know most of the artists and their work that adorns UofC.
We didn't visit the Engineering side of campus. I have no idea what takes place there and I barely ever touched that area when I was a student. That is likely why Daddy and I didn't meet until after graduation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment