Thursday, August 11, 2016
From Bandon to Portland
The Oregon Coast is incredibly beautiful but it is not bathing suitable. The boys were being silly with wanting to run around in their suits.
The cottages we stayed at in Bandon were called Windermere On the Beach. They were built in 1936. I told Mads they were cuter than he is.
Bobs is in the bathroom looking out at us as we check out the sunset. This was the first and only sunset we enjoyed on the coast because usually there is too much fog.
We all enjoyed hanging around Bandon's boardwalk. There are lots of crab fishers there and they are super friendly.
I think if the boys were a bit older and it wasn't so cold, we would have rented crab trap for a few hours and tried it.
I had a laugh at this notice on one of the shops. It sounds like the hours my coworker likes to keep.
The boys picked out a toy from the toystore.
Unfortunately we had the low tire pressure indicator come on in the rental car. There was also no washer fluid in the car when we first got it, and it had been left in 4 wheel drive lock which was not fun. The tires on the back were newer and the ones on the front were quite worn. We had the tire changed to the compact one and were told to drive it to the nearest Avis to switch, which was in Eugene. A 2.5 hour drive and 170 kilometres.
Fortunately Eugene was on our way to Portland but we were very nervous to drive on this tire for so many kilometres. Avis told us the tire would work for 150 miles. We drove slowly.
In Eugene we got a Nissan Murano, which I much prefer. It feels more like our own car. We made it to Portland, the land of bridges.
I haven't really ever been to Portland. Only as a short stop when I was 6. My mother lived here when she was in her early twenties on a social work practicum. I hear Portland is weird. I would love to experience that.
On our first day, we walked near the hotel in the downtown area and came across a nice park that I would say is a mix of two TV shows, Portlandia and Parks and Recreation.
It had games for kids and adults.
We hope to experience more over the last 3 days of our trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment